Do you frequently forget usernames and passwords? So, do your job seekers and employers. All Smartjobboard websites come with the pre-built LinkedIn and Facebook social login add-ons, so that your site visitors can log in to your site using their LinkedIn or Facebook accounts.
Sign in with Linkedin
To enable it, in your Admin > Plugins > Social LogIn Plugin you need to enter your Client ID and Client Secret. To obtain these credentials you need to create an application in LinkedIn Developer Network. This is the link for your reference
When finish add these credentials in your Smartjobboard admin interface > Social Plugin Settings and click Save.
Starting from March 1, 2019 LinkedIn is making some changes in their API that will affect sign in with LinkedIn functionality on your website.
Here are the steps you’ll need to do the make sure sign in with Linked is still functioning on your site:
Insert your website URL in your Linked app > Auth > OAuth 2.0 settings
Please ensure that your redirect URL does not have a trailing slash.
Moreover, please be aware that LinkedIn is reducing the amount of user data it shares with you. The only pieces of information that will be available from LinkedIn when the “Sign In with LinkedIn” option is chosen are: Picture, E-mail, First Name, and Last Name.
Now your customers can register/ log in to your job site using their LinkedIn accounts and also auto fill their resumes. However please note, because of the LinkedIn restrictions system will be able to pre-fill information only on the latest work place.
Sign in with Facebook
To turn on this feature for your site, you need to go to your Admin > Plugins > Social LogIn Plugin> Facebook and enter your App ID and App Secret.
These credentials can be received by creating an application in Facebook Developers Console. This is the link for your reference: https://developers.facebook.com/
When you finish adding these credentials in Plugins > Social Plugin Settings> Facebook, click Save:
Now, you will need to take following steps to configure your Facebook login application:
- On your Facebook application page, choose Add Product on the left menu and choose Facebook login, and click 'Setup'
- Click on the 'Settings' link under Facebook login on the left sidebar
- . Turn on switches as shown on the screenshot and add your site address with http and https into Valid OAuth redirect URIs field:
- Under Facebook login -> Quickstart, select 'Web' and then fill in your URL in step 1 and save (the other steps aren't necessary)
- You should then be able to test the login through your sign up / sign in page